Friday, September 2, 2011

God Is So Good

In the last month I haven't been active with this blog, but its not because I have lost any of what God has blessed me with, he has just blessed me even more!  God is working in me to ensure wellness; spiritually, mentally, and physically.  I have been very busy taking care of me because that's what God wants!

Giving my attention to Heavenly things such as good faith in life and love, and respecting myself as a force of love. I have read and continue to read of God's great work, gifts, and meaning for my life.  I have become closer to our Heavenly father and His Son.  This did not happen over night and is a daily practice of my life.  I cannot express how growing in spiritual health has freed me.  Of sin, worry, strife, negative thoughts, i could go on.  What has spiritual health given me; better relationships, better understanding of how God sees me and who I am able to become through Christ, peace in my heart, forgiveness and how to forgive, truth and beauty, everything I have is through Him.  I know who I am meant to become, and boy am I excited to get there one day!

Emotional wellness is made up of a lot of different parts.  Some of the things that make me a healthy emotional adult i didn't have until recently.  This continues to be a work in progress, I dont think one will always be stable with this one, but i do think it is something to strive for.  I have worked on the following to become what i believe to be emotionally well; Respect (for myself and others), discovering and developing talents (that God given me), expressing and showing love (and really knowing what love is), setting limits and boundaries for myself and my son, developing a healthy self image (by understanding that God created me and I am beautiful as well as eating healthy and working out regularly), sensing the community and world (getting out and being a part of community activities), becoming spiritually fulfilled (through bible study and prayer), identifying self and family goals, working and playing together, observing good health habits, and meeting my financial needs (even though this means being away from family and friends).  Being emotionally healthy is hard work, but with God, all things are possible!

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?  You are not your ow, for you were brought with a price.  So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20  I have been "overweight" since about the time i hit puberty, never really liked exercise, and loved to eat all things that were not healthy for me.  I have recently changed my ways, thinking of food as fuel for my temple instead of something to do.  I have begun a workout plan and started making goals, short and long term.  I have God by my side, cheering me on!  He is my strength!

It gives me strength and happiness to know that I am glorifying God spiritually, emotionally, and physically.  I am in this to endure to the end.  I know that one day, I will be in God's house proud of myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment