Saturday, August 13, 2011

Compassion is an Action!

"OMG. I hate my job and morbidly obese people who call themselves "handicapped"... bitch your just fat and lazy, not disabled. Thank you war vets who lost legs and such fighting for our freedom. They deserve special treatment, not you fatty bitch."

I woke up this morning, next to my amazing little boy this am.  We looked out the window at all the fog surrounding the island.  We snuggled a little more, then I got up out of bed to go weigh myself.  I've been really working on my weight, not to look better for anyone, but to feel better for myself.  I take the leap every morning to see what the scale screams at me, today, I had lost!  A good amount at that.  Then I make breakfast for Jariah and I we eat together as usual.  Then I check my Facebook page, first post i see is the one above. I was totally shocked!  My next thoughts went like this; I should write a comment and tell her how this makes me feel, maybe I shouldn't she might ease me from her single mother page that i really like, Oh well If she erases me this cannot go on.  I responded to her post with the following;

"This post surprised me coming from you (it would if anyone wrote it). Some people are very lazy and some people have health and/or mental conditions that cause them to be obese. The amount of fat on ones body can causes them to be handicapped. Knees cant hold them up, heart and many more health issues come with being obese. I don't know what kind of " special treatment"this person was looking for, but instead of slandering them on face book, when you may not know their specific health condition, maybe pray for them to have the strength to control their eating and health. I know that you are wanting to be an LPN, depending on what where you are placed, you may run into A LOT of obese people. 67% of the US is over weight or obese. Please think about how the person you were helping (your job) would feel if she read this post. I know i would be hurt, and i would never go back to Lowe's again. Just a thought."

I know that I have judged people in my life (never taking it more than a conversation with a trusted friend), but now I am wondering is that even right to do?  What does God say about judgment and compassion?  

To him that is afflicted pity should be showed from his friend; 
but he forsakes the fear of the Almighty. 
Job 6:14
 Remember them that are in bonds, 
as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, 
as being yourselves also in the body.
Hebrews 13:3

Who is weak, and I am not weak? 
who is offended, and I burn not?
2 Corinthians 11:29

Passage and passage again, the Lord tells us to shows compassion and sets a great example for us.  As he tells us to love each other and not pass judgment, for that is his job, we shall be blessed.  I have made judgments myself, being the human I am, but i am striving to be more like Jesus Christ. Each time i begin to pass judgment, I think to myself, what would he do in this situation?  What would he see in this person?  How can I help this person? 

The poor, the rich, the sick, the healthy, the hurting, the healed, He loved them all the same and showed compassion to everyone!  He had so much compassion for me (and you) that HE DIED for us!  So my question to myself and others;  What would you do for your Neighbor?


No comments:

Post a Comment